Senior Data Scientist (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Tickr’s AI & Data Science team. In this role you will help develop novel statistical, time series and machine learning models. You will deploy these models to production, monitor their performance, and own the entire stack. This is a great opportunity for an eager data scientist to build customer facing products with cutting-edge data science. This role will blend data science, engineering and novel research reporting directly to Tickr’s VP of Data Science. The Senior Data Scientist will also be expected to interact with clients and stakeholders, communicating complex results to them in a digestible way.
We’re a geographically diverse but tight-knit team, and looking for a data scientist with the flexibility & independence to work fully remotely, with occasional trips to Ticker HQ in San Francisco, California (once the COVID-19 pandemic is no longer a prohibiting factor). Are you passionate about data science, machine learning and statistics? Join us!
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Math, or the Physical Sciences
- 3+ years working as a data scientist, statistician, machine learning engineer or similar experience
- Working knowledge of classical & Bayesian statistics
- Experience training & debugging time series modeling in Python or R using libraries such as FBprophet, stats models, etc…
- Desire to read and implement peer-reviewed statistical and deep learning papers in Python or R
- Working knowledge of the Python data science ecosystem: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit learn etc…
- Experience using a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience using a web framework such as Flask or FastAPI for deploying models to production
- Ability to communicate Tickr’s product data science offerings to a diverse audience including clients, executives and non technical stakeholders
- Passion for learning about most recent advancements in data science and statistics
- Experience with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Working knowledge of natural language processing and recent trends such as transformers, sub-word modeling and contextual word embeddings
- Experience using Spacy & HuggingFace