Data Scientist (Remote)
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Tickr’s AI & Data Science team. In this role you will help develop novel statistical, time series and machine learning models. You will deploy these models to production, monitor their performance, and own the entire stack. This is a great opportunity for an eager data scientist to build customer facing products with cutting-edge data science. This role will blend data science, engineering and novel research reporting directly to Tickr’s VP of Data Science.
We’re a geographically diverse but tight-knit team, and looking for a data scientist with the flexibility & independence to work fully remotely, with occasional trips to Ticker HQ in San Francisco, California (once the COVID-19 pandemic is no longer a prohibiting factor). Are you passionate about data science, machine learning and statistics? Join us!
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Math, or the Physical Sciences
- 1+ years of experience working as a junior data scientist, data analyst or equivalent experience
- Experience training & debugging time series modeling in Python or R using libraries such as FBprophet, statsmodels, etc…
- Working knowledge of the Python data science ecosystem: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit learn etc…
- Experience using a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Comfortable communicating and distilling complex results to non-technical executives and stakeholders
- Passion for learning about most recent advancements in data science and statistics
- Experience with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Experience using a web framework such as Flask or FastAPI for deploying models to production
- Working knowledge of natural language processing and recent trends such as transformers, sub-word modeling and contextual word embeddings
- Experience using Spacy & HuggingFace
- Ability to read and implement peer-reviewed papers in Python or R